Sunday 30 November 2008

But would you trust the future of broadcasting to a cartoon cow?

Via
Obama has appointed Kevin Werbach, assistant professor of legal studies and business ethics at Wharton,as a co-chair of his Federal Communications Commission transition team. Roughly speaking, it appears that this is the American Ofcom.

Werbach is a World of Warcraft player - a level 70 Tauran Shamen no less.

Waltermonkey speaks for us all, I'm sure,

"... I feel much safer with a shaman than I would with a mage, warlock, rogue or hunter, all of which are strictly damage-oriented."

Unqualifed Offerings is positively upbeat:

"So, anyway, seeing that having a Minotaur-American alter ego is no impediment to becoming a mid-level administration official gives me some hope that politics won’t be restricted to those who never spent time on the internet. " Couldn't happen in Britain of course- we're a far more hide-bound society.

The immortal guardiansguild.com go even further:
"I’ve had a political dream for a while now that I think all of us WoW players can agree on: someday, I hope, we will have a President in the White House that plays videogames. We’re not quite there yet, but we’re closer...". Isn't that sweet? Even immortal guardians still having dreams...

There's a political moral here somewhere, I just know it. Just give me a moment to stop giggling and I'll try to find it....

3 comments:

  1. I don't think you can argue with this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm afraid. What next? Gordon Brown coming out of the closet as a Wii Guitar Hero aficionado?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I'm afraid. What next? Gordon Brown coming out of the closet as a Wii Guitar Hero aficionado?a3trading

    ReplyDelete