Thursday 27 November 2008

New Labour is Listening


The policy wonk's policy wonk goes to Brum:

"I popped into a New Street outfitters to buy a cheap suit for the RDI dinner tomorrow night. The assistant recognised me so we got talking about politics as I tried (successfully) to negotiate a discount. As is often the way in this part of the world other customers were soon joining in.

As I was leaving he shouted after me ‘anyway since the VAT cut we’ve been flooded with customers’. Call me gullible but I was genuinely interested to hear that the PBR has been such an instant hit. ‘Really’ I said taking a step back into the shop .To which he jovially replied to the immense amusement of the rest of the shop ‘have we f**k, you daft bugger’. Now, that’s what I call service."

No comments:

Post a Comment