Tuesday 13 January 2009

We Know Where You Live

Sometimes, just sometimes, people with whom you are in agreement do stuff which makes your blood run cold. I got that feeling about this map which shows the location of donors to the campaign behind Proposition 8 in California - the homophobic proposition which abolished same-sex marriage in the State. I'm trying to work out why this makes me feel a bit queasy, in the way that the escape of the BNP membership list didn't.

36,00 marriages were rendered subject to nullification by this evil little bit of reactionary bollox so its not as if I have any sympathy with the people outed as bigots on this map. I suspect what is nagging away at me is the sense that if 'my side' can do this, what on earth can the forces of the State do?

And it really does make campaigns like this look a little like shutting the stable door after the whole bloody herd has bolted.

Via CIF

No comments:

Post a Comment